In 1 week, rising 9th through 12th graders learn and apply design thinking, entrepreneurship, and innovation to launch a startup with a team of peers.
Over the course of five days, you will:
- Learn the mindset, tools, and techniques to launch a startup.
- Engage with mentors from successful startups and learn how to “fail forward.”
- Apply design thinking to tackle a real challenge you and your peers identify.
- Design a new product, service, or initiative to address your team’s challenge.
- Reflect on how you want to “make a dent in the universe” in the words of Steve Jobs.
- Perform customer discovery on the University of Utah’s campus.
- Build and test prototypes and refine your business model.
- Pitch to an expert panel of judges for feedback.